William and Elizabeth Freeman Scholarship
- A senior at Beloit Memorial High School
- Has demonstrated good citizenship while at school and in the community
- A participant in school and/or community activities
- A student with strong academic average who shows great potential for college
Additional Requirements for WILLIAM and ELIZABETH FREEMAN SCHOLARSHIP should include:
- Extra-curricular school activities you participated in
- Any honors or awards you received, related to school
- Clubs or organizations you belonged to/worked with outside of school
- Community volunteer activities
- Honors or awards you have received, related to non-school activities
- Any paid positions you have held, along with your duties, average number of hours worked per week, your supervisor’s name, dates of service
- Why you decided to go on for further education, and how you plan to finance your college career
Each of the following questions must be answered with a brief essay
- Which of your high school courses was the most valuable to you, and why?
- What did you gain from your extra-curricular activities? How did your involvement in organizations outside of school help both you and the group?
- If during your freshman and sophomore year you were active in classes/activities such as music, foreign language study, theater, sport teams but then dropped them as you entered into junior or especially senior year, please explain the reason(s) for this change.
- Who has been the most influential person in your life and why?
Please be sure to sign and date the document containing your responses.