Dr. Walter Scholten and Joyce F. Scholten moved to Beloit in 1959. Dr. Scholten was an obstetrician and gynecologist with the Beloit Clinic until his retirement in 1995. Joyce was a registered nurse prior to becoming a full-time homemaker. She remained a dedicated healthcare volunteer. Both Dr. and Mrs. Scholten supported various healthcare organizations throughout their lives including the Beloit Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, Rock County Medical Society, and Beloit Regional Hospice. They pursued knowledge and supported higher education. This scholarship is given in their names.
- A senior at Beloit Memorial High School
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in pre-med, nursing, social work, or any other major related to healthcare
- Minimum of 3.5 cumulative GPA
- One year of service/work/internship in a health-related setting (ex: volunteer at hospital, work at a medical office, volunteer with Meals on Wheels, etc.)
- Good citizenship while at BMHS
- An essay submitted to the Scholarship committee stated why you wish to pursue a healthcare career