Rex Thomson was a teacher in Beloit Public Schools for 36 years. He taught science and biology at Roosevelt Junior High School and Aldrich Junior High School. He received many awards for his teaching excellence during his career including teaching scholarships from the National Science Foundation. His wife, Mary Thomson, was also an elementary teacher in the Stateline Area, and established this scholarship in 1996.
- A senior at Beloit Memorial High School
- Has demonstrated good citizenship while at school and in the community
- A student with strong academic average who shows great potential for college
- A student who has displayed an interest in pursuing a degree in a field of science
- A student who has been active in school and/or community activities