Two Grow Your Own Multicultural Teacher Scholarships
Designed to increase the number of minority teachers in the School District of Beloit. The goal of this scholarship is to encourage minorities to pursue teaching as a career and return back to teach in Beloit.
In 2023, there will be one scholarship awarded to a Beloit Memorial High School senior or recent graduate and one to an SDB employee.
High School Senior/Recent Graduate Scholarship:
- Be a graduating senior or recent graduate of Beloit Memorial High School
- Be pursuing a degree in education
- Be a minority student
SDB Staff Scholarship:
- Be a current employee of SDB
- Currently have an associates, or enough credits to obtain teaching license within two years
- Be a racial minority
- Have a desire to apply for professional educator positions in SDB