This is the 18th year of our scholarship program and it continues to be our signature philanthropic initiative for students, schools, and children of AXA Equitable employees & Financial Professionals.
Through AXA Achievement, AXA Equitable Life is one of the nation’s largest corporate providers of scholarships. Since 2003, we have awarded over $28 million dollars to more than 6,500 high school seniors.
AXA partners with Scholarship America, who has been our partner since 2003 and chosen because it represents the best in its field. Scholarship America is a national education service organization that mobilizes support for students getting into and graduating from college. They will continue to serve as the administrator of the scholarship.
While winners are economically and ethnically diverse, they share similar qualities:
- Ambition and drive
- Determination to set and reach goals
- Respect for self, family and community
- Ability to succeed in college
AXA ACHIEVEMENT HIGHLIGHTS
2020 AXA Achievement℠ Scholarship Program for Students
- High school seniors apply via one APPLICATION to be considered for a scholarship of $2,500, $10,000 or $25,000.
- Over $1.4 million in Scholarships will be awarded
- 10 $25,000 Winners
- 42 $10,000 Winners
- 300+ $2,500 Winners
- The deadline is December 15, 2019 for all scholarships. Only the first 10,000 will be accepted & site will close, encourage students to apply early!
- All winners will be announced at the same time, mid-April.
2020 Program for Educators & Schools:
- The program will continue to recognize the important role educators play in a student’s success toward attending college. For every student who wins a scholarship regardless of amount, a grant of $1,000 will be made to his or her high school.
- New Teacher Center – free online resources for teachers & educators
AXA Equitable Foundation continues to partner with the New Teacher Center to bring comprehensive online resources to teachers, district leaders and educational professionals. We believe in the importance of keeping new teachers supported as they enter the workforce.
These resources center around professional development, best practices for district leaders and opportunity for mentorship within the field.
Teachers and Educators can access these free resources at www.newteachercenter.org/resources.