Kathy Irene Semeyn-Senz (KISS) Education Scholarship
Kathy I. Semeyn-Senz was born on August 18, 1955 in Grand Rapids, Michigan to Robert and Norma Semeyn. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in teaching from Carthage College in 1978. Kathy married Mark Senz on July 18, 1981 and had two children, Dennis and Maggie. Kathy was a former teacher at Waterman and Robinson Elementary Schools from 1978 to 1999. Kathy passed away in October of 1999 from Malignant Melanoma. Because of her love for teaching, it is in her name that this scholarship is awarded to a student pursuing the Education field.
- A senior at Beloit Memorial High School or Beloit Turner with at least three years of attendance
- Minimum “B” average scholastic record (3.0 on 4.0 scale)
- Has demonstrated a desire for the field of education as a career goal
- Is prepared to enter an accredited institution in the field of education
- Has demonstrated leadership ability, good character and citizenship, positive outlook on life, good sense of humor, and community service