George Beckman was a lifelong resident of Beloit. He worked for Fairbanks Morse and was a member of the U.S. Army, where he was stationed for two years in Korea. He died in 1997. He had a very strong interest in helping students who were entering the medical professions. It is in his name that this scholarship is presented.
- A senior at Beloit Memorial High School
- Has demonstrated good citizenship while at school and in the community
- A participant in school and/or community activities
- A student with strong academic average who shows great potential for college
- A strong interest in medical studies