Everett and Diana Haskell Scholarship
Everett Haskell was born on September 19, 1920 in Manchester, South Dakota. He moved to Beloit when he was two years old where he resided until his death on December 7, 1995. He served the community as a member of the city council with great distinction and he had perfect attendance for over 30 years. He was elected city council president ten times.
His life was an example of caring and unselfish service to the community he loved so much. It is because of his remarkable record of public service that the Everett and Diana Haskell Scholarship has been established.
- Hard working student, yet may be marginalized in grade point (ie: learning disabilities)
- Optimistic-perhaps has overcome difficult circumstances
- Positive influence on others
- Volunteerism preferred
- Must be planning to attend any trade/technical school or college
- In a 1 to 2 page essay, please answer the following questions: What is the best thing about growing up in Beloit? How can you serve and make Beloit a better place to live?
- Finalists will be interviewed.